Sunday, January 18, 2009

Embracing HIs Second Chance (multimedia)





This is a project I am especially proud of. My coworker, the lovely Alysa Landry, and myself just finished this in-depth look into the life of a Farmington teen who recently lost part of his leg in a motorcycle accident. On June 15, 2008, Zach Hefner, 19, was enjoying a Father's Day bike ride with his dad when a truck pulled out in front of them. His dad swerved around the truck but Zach collided with the vehicle going about 60 mph. His leg was nearly severed at the scene, he broke his arm and hip in numerous places and ruptured his spleen. The truck also rolled over his head, crushing many bones in his face. Two days after the crash, while recovering from emergency surgeries, Zach had his left foot removed. Since the near-death accident Zach has come a long way. He has made a successful recovery and is an inspiration to amputees everywhere. His strong will, laid-back view on life and positive attitude impresses everyone he comes in contact with. Alysa and I were especially moved, which fueled us to work our tails off and tell this kid's story in a deserving way. Meeting Zach is the only way to fully understand what a miracle he is. His personality and view on life is refreshing. I hope the slideshow I put together can illustrate, just a little, of what this young man is all about. Thank you for letting me into your life, Zach.

Click the link below and tell me what you think of the presentation. I hope you guys like it.

Zach Hefner: Embracing His Second Chance


2 comments: